Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Alternate Queens Speech this year given by...

Nemesis Enforcer

The Sun Newspaper said:
Channel 4 was blasted last night after revealing its Christmas Message will be delivered by a British woman in a full vail.

She has been identified only as Khadija, a Zimbabwe-born lecturer in Islamic Studies. It is understood she will speak about the growing influance of different faiths in Britain - and possibly about her views on the vail.

A C4 spokesman said: "This Year has been dominated by issues of race and religious identity. We thought it was approprate." He added Khadija will wish viewers a Merry Christmas.

But the Christian Intiture said: "This is just what you expect from Channel 4, which has shown contempt for Christianity and Christians values."
This is just stupid to me, The Alternate speech is meant to be a bit of fun why are they trying to make a point out of Christmas why can't people just enjoy it.

Red05

I can't see how they can complain about this. There's no law saying someone else can't make a speech on Christmas day.

Plus, who actually watches the Queen's speech?

K.J

TWO Hall of Fame Member
I'm not fussed by it because I wont watch it, I do however think Channel 4 are deliberately stirring up controversy by doing this, which I feel is a pretty shitty thing to do at christmas.

Burakiosaurus

hang on, you can say shitty but not *******?

Ali G's speech was excellent a few years back, C4, you have pooped up with this one

A.C.

:lol: A British woman in a veil giving a speech talking about different faiths? The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Miss T

I can't see how they can complain about this. There's no law saying someone else can't make a speech on Christmas day.

Plus, who actually watches the Queen's speech?
We do! Just tradition really.. I certainly cant think of anything more boring than the alternative speach seeing as the same thing happens every day anyway.. And why is a muslim woman doing a speech on Christmas day?! They dont even have Xmas?! Just trying to cause trouble and upset.

BRM

Forum Leader
Marge Simpson- humerous

Jamie And Jules Oliver- i suppose they can cook

Ali G- not great

Woman in full veil- not many people watching.

I can't help but feel that Borat would of been a better bet.

ahsatan

Anything on TV Christmas day after 1pm is wasted on me. I'll be pissed by then. :lol: