Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

All Blacks' 'lost glory'?

didge

This year's Rugby World Cup lived to its billing, but what shocked many people was New Zealand's exist at the semifinals stage. Eddie Jones' England played well and won deservedly, but lost to a resurgent Springboks in the final. All Blacks' hopes of three World Cups in a row were over, but do you see them reemerging in the future even as stronger teams emerge?

DandyMandy

I don't watch that often, but I knew how important it was to New Zealand and felt awful for them. They've been good sports though. The team certainly has the drive to come back better than ever.

coleman

I didn't watch many games but got surprized at how easy New Zealand got bundled out of the competition. At some point, it felt like England was going to win it. At times, fortunes change, but I see the team coming back stronger in future.

scatman

It depends on their desire. Some teams get deflated easily, others don't. I would like to say New Zealand won't, I like them, but time will tell.

lymmo

England was too good for this side, considering that it took the All Blacks 57 minutes to make the first try. Nonetheless, I doubt if this spells doom for the team, and I believe this defeat will only make the players stronger. If you can recall, England didn't proceed past the pool stage in 2015.

didge

Overall, this was more of a failure of strategy and the inability of players to enforce individual brilliance. Some quarters even blamed the coach Steve Hansen for sticking with the youth in some positions and discarding experience.