• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Aladdin Movie

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
215 2
The trailer has just been released:

There are some stunning visuals in it...but also a few scenes which clearly look like they've just used green screens - would have expected better from Disney. I loved the cartoon but I think I'll skip this.

Ratings
I have a love-hate relationship with Will Smith's characters. Sometimes he's fantastic and sometimes he flops. Genie is one of his flops. I bet this film will be a hit with the younger crowd though.

Poppy

Ratings
There are some stunning visuals in it...but also a few scenes which clearly look like they've just used green screens - would have expected better from Disney.
Disney should have passed this one on to their Pixar division. I imagine it would have turned out better if they had. Eh, Disney is probably just looking for a quick cash grab. I suspect they'll get it.

Chuckyy

Ratings
I actually enjoyed the trailer. I was expecting it to be crappy, but I think it looks well done. Will Smith seems like a decent genie to me from this clip. True, he's no Robin Williams, but Will Smith is a good comedic actor in his own right.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
215 2
I don't actually mind Will Smith as the genie, I think he looks fine from what I've seen. I can't see anyone coming close to Robin Williams, I don't think there was ever plan to have a similar genie, better to allow Smith to do his own thing with the role.

Ratings
@Poppy, I think Pixar focuses on animated films while Disney wanted to do a live-action remake so it wouldn't have worked.

@Kam and @Chuckyy, those are fair points really. Maybe I am just hung up on the genie because it's not Robin Williams and I need to give Will Smith a fair shot. I won't go the cinema to see it, but I may check it out eventually.