Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

AFK Arena

macroclick

If you like the fairly standard "build a team of heroes" out of a collection of portraits that will keep fighting even if you're not playing the game, you'll love AFK arena. Part of the charm of this style of game is that is just works. It's engaging to play and try to learn the little things that make progression a bit faster and see how you can compare against everyone else on a new server. It gets old at some point (usually around the 6 months to year mark in my experience) and you take a break for awhile. Eventually you'll find another game with a similar premise but some small improvement and a new story and theme and you're hooked again for another few months.

Well, here's to my addiction flaring up! I'm loving AFK Arena so far.

TynBox

Is there still a problem with the downtimes? That you know of? It is a cool little game, but the downtime reports leave me gun-shy.

macroclick

It does have a much higher downtime than most mobile games. You only really need to play it twice a day, and one of those times can just be 30 seconds to collect the afk loot as it caps at 12 hours. The other time all the quests and activities refresh and you can play for about 30-40 minutes depending.

Then there's the absolutely relentless difficulty of the main game. I've been stuck at a specific level for three days, and have had all but one resource for a hero upgrade for almost two days and no end in sight.

Somehow I still love the game though, even though writing this out sort of makes me wonder why.

I checked it out after I read your post and I've been having quite a bit of fun with over the past few days. I haven't experienced any downtime, so maybe that's been resolved? I'm currently trying to make my way through the Labyrinth!