Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Actors whose real-life problems . . .

ShadowEdge

ruined their shows for you? I used to love House of Cards, but I can't watch reruns of the show or anything else with Kevin Spacey in it. He usually plays a controlling character and now it just makes me cringe. I love reality television for the snark material and the Duggar clan provided more than enough. I don't agree with any of their beliefs, but the show was good for background noise. That is until Josh Duggar's scandals came to light and Ma and Pa Duggar defended him and had covered up his sins for years. I figured there was some hypocrisy there, but never expected something so dark. Now I can't change the channel fast enough whenever one of their shows comes on.

Zack T

I'd probably be hard pressed to enjoy Glee again the way I did when it first aired, what with the actor who played Noah Puckerman committing suicide to avoid going to prison after being convicted of having pedo pictures/videos on his computer.

For years, I also couldn't watch a Chris Benoit match. Now I can, I've got it compartmentalized in my head to enjoy it, but it's still weird.

Rambler

I used to love House of Cards, but I can't watch reruns of the show or anything else with Kevin Spacey in it. He usually plays a controlling character and now it just makes me cringe.
Same. I really liked Spacey in HOC and in Baby Driver. Another who makes me uncomfortable, though he mostly directs now, is Woody Allen. Gross.

I can no longer watch or listen to anything with Jimmy Savile in it. It's bonkers that he was a huge child predator and it was never stopped. Actually, he was a predator in generally sexually abusing anyone near it sounds like. The victim numbers were staggering, according to reports. He was a beloved public figure who seemed dedicated to charity. But really, he was assaulting the very people he was meant to be helping.

DandyMandy

This will probably sound petty but I can't take Bob Harper seriously anymore. He's a TV fitness guru who had a heart attack. Harper was previously accused of forcing some of The Biggest Loser contestants to take uppers. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. I didn't think much of it until he had that heart attack. It just seems odd that a fitness expert who claims to be drug-free, works out regularly, and eats all the right things, still managed to have a near-fatal heart attack. It could come down to stress, but exercise is supposed to relieve stress and since he's someone who focuses on health, he is surely going to the doctor for his yearly physical and lab work. I understand that it could happen to anyone, but that's also an awfully convenient excuse and as a fitness expert, he should know his own body.

Snarky-Guru

Bill Cosby. It's put a huge black mark on much of my childhood nostalgia. What a creep!
Another who makes me uncomfortable, though he mostly directs now, is Woody Allen. Gross.
Oh, same here. I'm surprised he's gotten away with it.