Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Abuse Of Power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Sorry mate, but you really can't comment when you used to let your mrs use log in details to use your name to mod when you weren't in. Abuse of power eh.
Which was ran by the powers that be. If no other mods were about and I said it was a bannable thing she could quickly log me in and ban before going back in herself.

Red05

Which was ran by the powers that be. If no other mods were about and I said it was a bannable thing she could quickly log me in and ban before going back in herself.
So you did let her log in as you...? And she knows your password? That's a bit of a double standard there, even if it was for gitting rid of trolls or whatever.

Paul

Yeah, it was agreed with the other mods that she could log into the chat rooms (which I had a different password for) as me to boot people as long as I agreed it was a bannable/bootable scenario. Gem would say what the issue was while I was cooking/cleaning/gardening/watching Raw/whatever and if no chat mods were on MSN or the forums she could log in and boot.

I repeat, it was chat only, not the forums, and the other mods were aware of it and agreed it could be done in an emergency.

So where is the double standard?

edit: also this was 4 years ago so Im not sure why its relevent now and to this complaint. :lol:

Last edited:

Red05

Yeah, it was agreed with the other mods that she could log into the chat rooms (which I had a different password for) as me to boot people as long as I agreed it was a bannable/bootable scenario. Gem would say what the issue was while I was cooking/cleaning/gardening/watching Raw/whatever and if no chat mods were on MSN or the forums she could log in and boot.

I repeat, it was chat only, not the forums, and the other mods were aware of it and agreed it could be done in an emergency.

So where is the double standard?
The double standard is you/Gem being allowed to password share, which is a bannable offence (I think?) for others. Yes, agreed by the other mods, noble intentions and all that, but it's still a tiny bit cheeky.

4 years ago? Well, obviously I didn't know that, but 4 years ago...it was cheeky. ;)

Paul

The double standard is you/Gem being allowed to password share, which is a bannable offence (I think?) for others.
Nope. Posting for a banned/cooled off member isnt allowed, and more than once I have given my forum passwords to mods to check out PMs I had been getting so they had proof it wasnt me making them up (Mitch and Kam), though obviously I then changed the passwords. :lol:

Gem never claimed to be me, and only did what I had already said I would have done.
Gem NEVER had access to any forum stuff, nor any mod stuff other than the ban button. And I think she used it about 3 times. :lol:

But again, whats any of this got to do with the situation at hand?

Red05

Nope. Posting for a banned/cooled off member isnt allowed, and more than once I have given my forum passwords to mods to check out PMs I had been getting so they had proof it wasnt me making them up (Mitch and Kam), though obviously I then changed the passwords. :lol:

Gem never claimed to be me, and only did what I had already said I would have done.
Gem NEVER had access to any forum stuff, nor any mod stuff other than the ban button. And I think she used it about 3 times. :lol:
Well, fair enough, but password sharing between mod/non mods - to me - still seems a tad cheeky. Even though it does sound like you did everything properly and whatnot.

Also, does this all mean that technically, every member here can gladly swap passwords and peek-a-boo at each others messages and read forums they have access to...as long as they don't post?

But again, whats any of this got to do with the situation at hand?
Well the current situation is basically sorted, and this issue brought up by Nicole is still about abuse of power. So, even though it's all in the past, nothing wrong with discussing it I suppose. And I posted before I knew it was 4 years ago, so there's no guilt on these shoulders.

Saz

The double standard is you/Gem being allowed to password share, which is a bannable offence (I think?) for others. Yes, agreed by the other mods, noble intentions and all that, but it's still a tiny bit cheeky.

4 years ago? Well, obviously I didn't know that, but 4 years ago...it was cheeky. ;)
It's only an issue on the forums Ray and that is because Kam has a finite amount of space on the server to hold people's log in details, also why he cleans the server of people who have joined 3 years ago and never logged on since. It also prevents people logging on as several people to cause trouble and/or swing votes etc in their favour.

Digichat had no accounts to share on a chat room par se, as you had to give your name each time. The only time a password was needed was for moderator status.

It's quite obvious that the mods agreed to this action, Nicole being one of them at the time I believe, so it's a bit underhanded of her to try "do a DC" and sh*t stir things.

People, it's a chat room, it's there for chat and this discussion is heading towards closure because, frankly, it's about an issue between 2 people and it seems that this thread is just for people to gang up and scream vitriol at alleged past injustices.

To repeat what we tell everyone whenever they have an issue with any moderator, firstly, bring it to their attention through PM on the TWO forums and discuss the issue maturely, if you feel you cannot come to a proper resolution then PM Kam with your issue and he will deal with it as a neutral party.

I will also add that ALL moderators make mistakes, to err is to be human. It isn't an easy job when people are demanding that you do things to their own moral system, sometimes we have to be bad guys, sometimes good guys but we aim to be completely neutral in any situation. Sometimes we do allow our emotions to help us sway a decision but hey, that's life.

Now if anyone has anything further constructive to add to this discussion please feel free, any further playschool-esque behaviour and this thread will be shut.

Last edited:

Paul

Also, does this all mean that technically, every member here can gladly swap passwords and peek-a-boo at each others messages and read forums they have access to...as long as they don't post?
The only peopel who had access to my FORUM passwords were admin (Mitch and Kam as I say). Nobody else at all, and that was because I wanted them to confirm situations that had occured.

DC

"do a DC" and sh*t stir things.
Let's get one thing perfectly clear on this issue; I was not stirring anything, I was making what I felt was a valid point.

If TGO (or anyone else, for that matter) kicks people out of a chatroom for an obvious joke, not once, but twice, then is he the right person for the job? It is not the first time Wayne has kicked people without just cause and there have been many instances where he has been seen by the masses to use the powers he's been given in an improper manner.

The original joke said, in jest, that it was a mistake giving TGO a chat mod-ship, and with his actions, not just in regards to that, I was merely asking if that was actually true.

Now, to be fair to everyone, only Kam can really decide whether it's a mistake or not, but when a chatter can be removed from the room, TWICE, for nothing more than banter, you have to ask yourself how many other times is this happening and has he been kicking people out for less?

Oh, and TGO bringing my wife into it to try and score points was beyond pathetic. If anyone can be accused of stirring, it'll be him.

Omega

Global Modd
Subscriber
People seriously need to get a grip here, this has to be the most over blown thread ever. TGO didn't ban anyone or do anything that wasn't undone 10 minutes later even if it was beyond petty. TGO, DC, Nicole and to a lesser extent Ray need to back away from this thread with what little dignity you have left.

DC

People seriously need to get a grip here, this has to be the most over blown thread ever. TGO didn't ban anyone or do anything that wasn't undone 10 minutes later even if it was beyond petty. TGO, DC, Nicole and to a lesser extent Ray need to back away from this thread with what little dignity you have left.
Serious question; if the thread is "so overblown" and not worthy of the time spent reading it, why are you still commenting on it and keeping the thread going?

Oh, and this from a man who got upset, for the wrong reasons, because I mentioned his e-fed song was "mercifully" over. Talk about overblown and loss of dignity. ;)

And yes, the above comment is meant to be a light-hearted attempt at showing what may be overblown and futile to one is important to another.

Last edited:

Ryan

Although i happily stuffed my head into this thread and started launching my 2 cents around, all i can think of now is whats the bloody point? its a friggin' cheatroom boys & girls, a CHATROOM! something that really has no relevance to real life problems and isnt one itself, yes its fun to go into and talk to people of TWO and when a rule is broken its delt with, some mods have abused their power a little in the past and im sure they'd admit to it, if i was a mod of a chatroom and i didnt like someone in there they wouldnt be there for very long, its what happens, its only being human. What DS did was only to make sure the experience of the chatroom for the users was an enjoyable one and it shouldnt have us argueing about it.

Ruderz

Subscriber
Although i happily stuffed my head into this thread and started launching my 2 cents around, all i can think of now is whats the bloody point? its a friggin' cheatroom boys & girls, a CHATROOM! something that really has no relevance to real life problems and isnt one itself, yes its fun to go into and talk to people of TWO and when a rule is broken its delt with, some mods have abused their power a little in the past and im sure they'd admit to it, if i was a mod of a chatroom and i didnt like someone in there they wouldnt be there for very long, its what happens, its only being human. What DS did was only to make sure the experience of the chatroom for the users was an enjoyable one and it shouldnt have us argueing about it.

Agreed and Agreed with, who cares about it? So DS Broke a rule four years ago with the permission of other mods to break the rule, so what if TGO kicked someone for something trivial? Surely something like this doesnt need a huge debate over....

Omega

Global Modd
Subscriber
Serious question; if the thread is "so overblown" and not worthy of the time spent reading it, why are you still commenting on it and keeping the thread going?

Oh, and this from a man who got upset, for the wrong reasons, because I mentioned his e-fed song was "mercifully" over. Talk about overblown and loss of dignity. ;)

And yes, the above comment is meant to be a light-hearted attempt at showing what may be overblown and futile to one is important to another.
no it wasn't DC and you know it. I'll show you what overfblown really means by jopbbing yolur efed character out at every chance I get. You can take it as a joke or not, I fully don't give a ****.

King

Forum Leader
Woah,the burial of an e-fed character ,this shit is getting serious.

Ryan

I was being sarcastic.

*message to self use :rolleyes2: from now on*
No King you've mis-understood. I knew you were being sarcastic, At the end of the day E-Feds & E-Feds characters mean nothing, it doesnt effect how we live our lives away from TWO, neither do the chatroom, or the whole internet, so does any of the stuff everyone bickering actually matter? NO!

Fiona

The only person here that is happy is TGO right now as the focus is now on Darkie.

Listen if Darkie did something 4 years ago with Kam's permission who are we to say that it is wrong. We may perceive it to be incorrect but if Kam allowed it and he being the owner of the site then who cares. And if Nicole was a mod at the time and knew about it then why didn't she raise the point then? Seems slightly foolish to bring it up years later especially into a conversation that involves something else.

Saz you can't threaten to shut down every thread that has a discussion going on about moderators. If we can't air our differences then what's the point of being a internet forum. I will admit I don't know what happened with TGO but bringing up situations from the past sort of ruins the discussion that started it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.