Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Abuse Of Power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViciousPrism

It seems TGO can't take a joke, I wrote a light hearted joke in the chatroom and TGO kicked me for it, it wasn't anything that featured swearing. All I said was

"Biggest Chatroom mistake: Getting Rid of DigiChat and hiring TGO"

So I waited the 10 minute cool off period and I re-enter. I simply say "Well that proves TGO has no sense of humour!" and was kicked again. Nimf was in there at the time.

Nimf

Subscriber
I'm with S-3 on this one, I think it was uncalled for, especially when with the new chat room a kick isn't something you can come right back from, you have to wait 10 minutes.

Paul

Yeah, abuse of power may be a little strong for what happened. However, as Nimf says its a bit harsh for a joke given the current 10 minute thing.

TGO, if it WAS a joke I think maybe an apology (here or via PM) would be in order. We all have had jokes go too far before after all.

DC

"Biggest Chatroom mistake: Getting Rid of DigiChat and hiring TGO"
Going by the fact TGO kicked him out for such a minor offence (I struggle to even call it an offence), was the comment actually, in a round-a-bout way, justified?

I mean, if he's kicking people for that, he sets a precedent for any and all further conduct on his watch... perhaps he can't handle the pressure of such a position.

Fidel Cashflow

Going by the fact TGO kicked him out for such a minor offence (I struggle to even call it an offence), was the comment actually, in a round-a-bout way, justified?

I mean, if he's kicking people for that, he sets a precedent for any and all further conduct on his watch... perhaps he can't handle the pressure of such a position.
*Checks the pot, notices it's stirred*

WAYNE

And it's ok for Nimf to kick someone for who was writing ONE word in caps?

Didn't think so.

Ryan

To be honest, when i used to venture into the chatroom it was always TGO that would kick people for the most ridiculous reasons and never explain why, and i know mods dont have to explain themselves, but the reasons TGO would kick you for you would expect nothing less. Sorry TGO but its just what i noticed alot when i used to go in there.

Last edited:

DraVen

Since when have the mods ever kicked people for justifyable non-personal reasons only? It's always been the unwritten rule that you kick and ban at whim.

Red05

Yuck.

Paul

Since when have the mods ever kicked people for justifyable non-personal reasons only? It's always been the unwritten rule that you kick and ban at whim.
We always needed justifiable reasons to ban, at least when I was there we did.
Now with any kick giving you a 10 min cool off its a bit different from when people could come straight back in.

Nimf

Subscriber

Didn't think so.
Wow I really need to say agan why he was kicked? The person who was kicked was repeatedly writing one word caps in each post. He had been doing it since he came in. He had been doing it for three days running. He had been warned constantly and was only kicked once for it. And you may have noticed but this thread isn't someone complaining about me, it's someone complaining about YOU. I have zero problem with someone complaining about me if they see fit. If what I did was wrong I will accept any punishments, I wouldn't have an issue with that. But see, I only kick people for rule breaking or excessive abuse, not for a REALLY mild comment which you seemed to take as the worlds biggest insult. Trust me, people have said FAR worse when you're not in chat, which is a fair bit.

DC

Didn't think so.
Fantastic defence from you there, Wayne. I'm sure Johnny Cochrane's ghost would be proud. In fact, I'm sure, with your constructive argumentative skills, you would have got OJ off his latest series of charges as soon as you walked into the court.

Nimf is not you (thank whichever God, or non-entity for you athiests out there, you pray too) and it is you who is being discussed.

As for the one word in caps situation, without knowing all the surrounding "drama", I can't comment, but if that one word was, for example, "c*nt", then she would be perfectly entitled to kick someone, caps or no caps.

Oh, and grow up (even if you can't grow a beard); do you honestly think that because you suddenly mentioned my wife, who is a very respected chat mod (unlike you, apparently), I'd cave and change my opinion?

Last edited:

Saz

Ok Firstly, DC, stop stirring the pot! You're really not helping with things here.

Simply put if TGO did a joke that went too far, all he has to do is apologise for it, being a mod doesn't make us perfect. We do things we regret and make mistakes, so make your apology Wayne and let's not turn this into yet another bickerfest!

Please?

Ruderz

Subscriber
When-ever I've been in the chat, TGO has always kicked with good reason, hell even I'VE been kicked out of there, and nearly banned, with good reason.

So I have no idea where all this kicking and banning on a whim is coming from, I've never seen it.

Nicole

TWO Hall of Fame Member
We always needed justifiable reasons to ban, at least when I was there we did.
Now with any kick giving you a 10 min cool off its a bit different from when people could come straight back in.

Sorry mate, but you really can't comment when you used to let your mrs use log in details to use your name to mod when you weren't in. Abuse of power eh.

Fidel Cashflow

Sorry mate, but you really can't comment when you used to let your mrs use log in details to use your name to mod when you weren't in. Abuse of power eh.
And in comes Nicole swinging in from the nether regions of the internet to try her damnest to escalate an issue.

I'm almost surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.