Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

A reading challenge

coleman

Three months ago, I decided to spend more time reading books. I came up with a reading challenge, hoping to have finished 30 books by the end of the year. It sounded unrealistic, yet I am almost half-way through. I have never felt so good about myself before!

scatman

Congratulations! I believe that goal setting is very important. Among other things, it is very good for your self-esteem when you set a goal and meet it.

Boomer

That's great, @coleman ! I have unfinished books on Kindle and a long list of want-to-reads. I'm hoping to bring down both of them next year.

jack25

I agree with you @scatman that goal-setting is important. I used to be an ardent reader, but along the way, became a victim of reader's block. That makes the two of us @Boomer, but I'm sure we'll get our grooves back soon.

ShadowEdge

Congratulations! I love to hear about it when someone sticks with a goal. I find it motivating. So, which books are favorites from the 15 or so you've read so far?

Greylien

I started reading before I even knew what the word meant. ( It's 2 syllables. Beyond me at the time) So I don't know if I ever set goals, I just read when I can

headrush

30 books in a year is awesome. Congrats, @coleman ! I used to be sort of a bookworm, but now I mostly pick and choose online articles.

coleman

Congratulations! I love to hear about it when someone sticks with a goal. I find it motivating. So, which books are favorites from the 15 or so you've read so far?
Oh yes @ShadowEdge, there's nothing as fulfilling as being on course with meeting targets and goals. Each book I have read has had a unique impact, but I would single out When Breath Becomes Air (Paul Kalanithi), Dreams From My Father (Barack Obama) and Dark Money (Jane Mayer) as being clear favourites.