Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

A "major acquisition" to TNA this Sunday!

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
November 8th, 2005 16:02
"MAJOR ACQUISITION" TO APPEAR FOR TNA THIS SUNDAY AT "GENESIS"

On Tuesday morning, TNA management informed TNAwrestling.com that the company has come to terms with a "major acquisition" who will appear this Sunday during the live "Genesis" Pay-Per-View.
When reached for comment, TNA executive Frank Dickerson offered the following:

"This is the single biggest jump in TNA history," Dickerson said. "The contract is signed, the travel is set and in my opinion, 'Genesis' just got a whole lot more intriguing."

TNA will have further information on the "major acquisition" this Sunday on the live countdown preshow a half hour before "Genesis".
Who do you think it will be?

Christian seems the most likely candidate but anyone else have any ideas?

Fletch

They talked about Test too, but its either Christian or Benoit. Moneys on Captain Charisma

Russ

TWO Hall of Fame Member
I don't think it'll be Christian, for the simple fact that he isn't under contract to WWE and they could easily name him if they wanted. The way they've done it here is as if they wanted to make everyone think it's Christian, rather than come right out and say he will be there. If you're able to use the guy, why hide his identity?

Benoit too is unlikely, due to the fact that I think he still has another month or so left on his current WWE contract, unless he's been given his release and it's been kept under wraps.

So who's left? Brock Lesnar? Bret Hart? Sid? It's impossible to tell. I'll be watching the PPV anyway.

Devilish Angel

Don't think it will be Bret Hart, although he is buddies with Scott D'Amore. What a coup that would be, appearing for TNA the week his WWE DVD is released, but if that happens then expect WWE to bury Bret Hart on Byte This next week.

If it was Test why would it be seen as a major acquisition, I'm sorry but I don't think that many people rate him that highly.

Could be Charlie Haas what with Jackie signing recently.

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Well I read somewhere that the Brock & WWE case was coming to an end and a settlement will conference will be made by the end of the year, so I suppose that would make Brock available.

Steve V.1

Can you just imagin the amount of people marking out if brock lesner walked down the asile on Sunday? It would be huge! Probaly as huge as Hogan walking down the asile at Bash of the beach 96 before turning heel, it'll be on of those things that people remember for a long long time.

MrFill

porridge said:
Please excuse my ignorance but where can I see 'Genesis' on Sunday?
On PPV if you're in the US or surrounding areas.
If you're in the UK, then you can't.

Ryan

i hope its not chris benoit, lesnar or christian, i would laugh my pants off if it was Jackie Gayda :lol:

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Mr Perfect said:
i hope its not chris benoit, lesnar or christian, i would laugh my pants off if it was Jackie Gayda :lol:
Can I just ask why you "hope its not Benoit, Christian or Lesnar?

And TNA have already announced the signing of Gayda, so obvisouly its not her.

Dave7g

MrFill said:
On PPV if you're in the US or surrounding areas.
If you're in the UK, then you can't.
This isn't strictly true.

Im betting the house, wife and kids on Christian as the major aquisition. And I can't wait to see it "live" this Sunday,:thumbup2:

Dave7g

According to the Meltzer...

Just to stop silly rumors, the person teased by TNA in its release today about the biggest signing ever is Christian, not a mystery guy out of the blue or an attempt at bait & switch with poor delivery.

Jack

The only person who I would download this show for, is Lesnar. Everyone else, whether it be Charlie Haas, Christian, Test or Benoit won't make any difference in buyrates at all, in the longterm.

And it won't be Lesnar anyway. He is too big a star for TNA really.

Omega

Global Modd
Subscriber
I'd love it to be Lesnar, but I'd guess he's waiting for the big WWE payoff. Perhaps it's going to be all the Hebners!!:lol: :lol:

But if meltzer says it's christian I think Ill go for that!!