Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

A camera or smartphone?

bosch5

If you had to choose a birthday present, which one would you settle on? Purchasing a professional camera can be a hit or miss unless the interest is there already. I don't want to go for a phone because I consider it cliche.

coleman

A smartphone is a more convenient gift since most people either own one or want to upgrade. You are right about getting a professional cam, but only if the person is interested in photography.

Bill W

You can buy either of these, depending on how much you're willing to spend. High-end phones will cost almost as much as a DSLR. Like @coleman says, first be sure that there is a serious interest in photography!

lymmo

I'd also say go with either. There is a chance that you will get discounted offers for both, depending on how soon the birthday is. On the other hand, a DSLR is a gift not everyone can think of, as compared to a smartphone.