Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

A butt-load of TNA news ***spoilers (naturally)***

Twig

A guy on another site who calls himself Triple M posted this. According to Jack it's from last weeks wrestling Observer, and that's good enough for me!

Wrestling Observer said:
- Any reports that new CEO Kevin Day was brought in to cut costs are totally incorrect.

- There has been no orders at the top to rid TNA of any talent. The idea that talent is not pulling out all stops on their end is a result of the booking committee not wanting the wrestling coasting right now.

- It's official that TV tapings in Orlando will move from Tuesday nights to Monday nights starting March 10th, which will be the big one.

- TNA is working on a possible main event gimmick cage for Lockdown that may be along the lines of the old War Games in WCW.

- BG James complained because he could not do the pelvic thrust before his pump handle slam yet Norman Smiley shows up and does the Big Wiggle. Norman is over bigtime in Orlando.

- The following World X Cup teams can and probably will change.
Team UK - Doug Williams, Nigel McGuiness, Jody Fleisch, Jonny Storm
Team Japan - Justin Liger (captain), Black Tiger, Gedo, Minoru Tanaka
Team Mexico - Mistico, Ultimo Guerrero, Ultimo Dragon, Rey Bucanero
Plus Team USA and Team Canada

- As of right now there are no discussions of bringing in Rikishi, even though he works TNA talent heavy house shows alot.

- Hotstuff Hernandez is booked, TNA may start using him soon in LAX

- Low Ki is considered unlikley to come in after asking for more money.

- Angles with the White Sox will play out all March

- Homicide is pushing for Angel Media (Angel from Da Baldies in ECW) to get a tryout for the LAX spot. Cide and him are good New York buddies.

- TNA and NWA Cyberspace are no longer working together because Cyberspace promoter Billy Firehawk bounced a reported $1,300 check to Jeremy Borash and $1,800 check to Jeff Jarrett and pull Abyss off one of their shows but still used him to advertise it.

- TNA has trademarked the terms "X" as in X Division (for pro marketing
on the X Division) and "Samoan Submission Machine"

-Raven was a guest on Dave Meltzer's Wrestling Observer Live radio show Sunday night. Raven was asked about a TNA return, and said a storyline has been discussed, but no time table for a return to TV has been established.

During the interview, Raven talked about his medical problems, including suffering from high blood sugar levels, low testosterone levels, and is on thyroid medication. Raven admitted that he gained about 30 pounds in recent months, claiming to be around 280 lbs.

From the Wrestling Observer website:

Quote:
--The next TNA PPV, Lockdown, on 4/23, will be an all cage match show. Christian Cage vs. Abyss will be the title match and there will be some sort of a team confrontation with Sting's team against a team headlined by Jeff Jarrett & Scott Steiner
Looks like Shark Boy's job is safe for now. And I'm liking the idea of of the war games-esque lockdown PPV. I hope the LAX keeps growing... as in grows out of this crappy fued with 60+ year-old men, and guys who gimmicks feel like they're 60+ years old. The World X Cup teams look taste headies, it'd suck if they do change them around.

Last edited:

Jack

I'm pretty sure this was in this weeks Observer (Came out last week, but the new one isn't out yet), incase you're interested.

I'm pleased Hostuff is getting a chance. He's fairly good for a big guy, probably about the same level as Abyss is, although I do think Abyss is overrated, but anyway, he has what it takes, and isn't horrible in the ring. Certainly agile for someone so big, so I'll look forward to seeing him once again.

Low Ki is a d*ck. I am a big fan of his, but there is no way he should be payed the kind of money he is asking for, as although he is talented, he hasn't really done much in the business. The money he wanted for ROH, and now TNA, is far more than he will ever bring in for either company.

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
I'm guessing TNA will do something similar as last year for the Lockdown main event, "Lethal Lottery Lockdown" I believe it was called.

Russ

TWO Hall of Fame Member
I'll be interested to see which members make the The Dudes With Attitudes 2006.

Jung

Why is Ultimo Dragon on Team Mexico? He's Japanese isn't he?

I mean Black Tiger you can argue, cause he's masked. But Dragon? He's freelance, and Japanese. Who knows?

Surprise they've not gone for Juvi. He might be an arse, but could do great on a one night job.

Jack

The Great Jungta said:
Why is Ultimo Dragon on Team Mexico? He's Japanese isn't he?

I mean Black Tiger you can argue, cause he's masked. But Dragon? He's freelance, and Japanese. Who knows?

Surprise they've not gone for Juvi. He might be an arse, but could do great on a one night job.
It's supposed to be Ultimo Guerrero (I don't know if that's spelt right).

Black Tiger should certainly not be on the Japanese team, unless it is 'Team Japan and anyone who as wrestled in Japan'.

I doubt Juvi will be there aswell. In fact, I doubt half of the teams will be right, but that's just my opinon. I'd be suprised if Doug Williams was there for one, and probably Nigel McGuinness, who i think is also booked for several NOAH shows, which is why he should lose the ROH Pure Title to Double C in the next week weeks.

Last edited:

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
--WWE just signed Shannon Moore today. He was not under a contract to TNA. You'd think by now you'd know the rules of the game.
Credit - Wrestling Observer.com

Bit of a suprise, strange that WWE released him not too long ago, and have now resigned him. I suspect they push him with the punk gimmick. Slight loss to TNA, but no major loss.

Ryan

Jack said:
It's supposed to be Ultimo Guerrero (I don't know if that's spelt right).
Team Mexico - Mistico, Ultimo Guerrero, Ultimo Dragon, Rey Bucanero

it has both.

Jack

Ah, I missed that completely. Apologies :)

Yeah, I've just checked and it's in. Must be the same deal with Dragon, as it is with Black Tiger. It would be more logical to put Dragon in the Jap team, and Tiger in the Mexican one though, as Romero and Reyes had a great run down there.

Last edited:

Danny Styles

Proof that WWE are really trying to hurt TNa by signing Shannon... he was on impact.. that is a loss still.. still he'll be jobbed out on velocity

Twig

I don't think Shannon Moore is that much of a loss, but in principle it's a b!+(#. I just couldn't buy the guy as a punk with that techno music for an entrance theme... just never fit right. :D

OMAR DAYS said:
like the war games idea, i have never seen one so how does it work?
There's a big cage like a hell in a cell size. Above one of the turnbuckles there's a hole to climb up into the next cage, which is the size of a normal cage, but without one side. From there you can climb a steel gerter up to the top and rather small cage in which the title belt is typically hung. Grab that & win it.

Last edited:

Jack

OMAR DAYS said:
like the war games idea, i have never seen one so how does it work?
It's a Hell in A Cell match basically, but with two rings put togther, and two teams. Every couple of minutes, a coin is tossed (Or it was), and the winning team send a member into the cage. This happens until all 8 men are in the cage, and then the first pinfal or submission wins the match.

Great concept, and worth looking for :)

GENE

Twiggie said:
There's a big cage like a hell in a cell size. Above one of the turnbuckles there's a hole to climb up into the next cage, which is the size of a normal cage, but without one side. From there you can climb a steel gerter up to the top and rather small cage in which the title belt is typically hung. Grab that & win it.
Thats Triple Cage,War Games is a cage (usuaslly two) the match has two teams and one opponent from each team starts in the ring and every x amounts of minutes another member from a team enters,this carries on untill all members are in and then and only then a pinfall or submision can occur to win in the match.:)

Crap thats twice in a row someone has posted the answer before me.

Dave7g

Is it just me or is the wargames match highly overrated? It usually ends up like a cluterbonk by the end of it. I think it would work better if it was a team elimination match, don't get me wrong some wargames were very good, but just not THAT good.

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
dave7g said:
Is it just me or is the wargames match highly overrated? It usually ends up like a cluterbonk by the end of it. I think it would work better if it was a team elimination match, don't get me wrong some wargames were very good, but just not THAT good.
The original matches in the late 80's with the likes of Flair, Sting, Dusty, Road Warriors etc were good. Some of the later War Games really sucked.

Apprently 1992 is the best War Games match, although I have never seen it.

Russ

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Glad to hear WWE have signed Shannon Moore. CM Punk's been using his catchphrase in OVW, and it could have been one of these things that might have hurt WWE if they decided to let him use it on their main show, where TNA could claim rightly that they had a guy using it first.

It keeps Matt Hardy happy, it makes a little bit more likely that one day we'll see CM Punk used properly on main WWE roster and Shannon will have enough money to buy another Hummer. It's not like he was doing much in TNA, good stuff all round.