• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

[44] FWL Update: Week 1

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
217 3
Hi all,

Welcome to another season of the FWL! We've only got a short 8 week season ending with WrestleMania!

Hello to all you new players, I hope you enjoy the game/season :welcomesign:

For the newbies, just to get you started, say hello, pick an avatar (feel free to use any of our wrestling avatars here) and start joining in with the discussions. To find out more about how posting can affect your prize see this post.

I'll try and update points within 48 hours of the shows airing but this might not always be possible, so please be patient.

Some tips:

Tip #1

Got a smartphone? Add the pick change dates to your calendar to ensure you don't miss any. I won't be emailing you to remind you each time!

Tip #2

Know the schedule! This season we will cover 3 PPVs and 1 NXT TakeOver:

Sunday 17th February - ELIMINATION CHAMBER PPV

Monday 25th February - FIRST PICK CHANGE

Sunday 10th March - FASTLANE PPV

Monday, March 18th - SECOND PICK CHANGE

Monday 1st April - THIRD PICK CHANGE

Friday 5th April - NXT TakeOver: New York

Sunday 7th April - WRESTLEMANIA 35
Please remember - I may change the pick change dates - details will be announced on the forum if I do.

It makes sense to adjust your picks depending on who is featured on the upcoming PPV. Think someone is going to win a title? Maybe it's worth making them your Team Captain until the next pick change to make the most of the double bonus they'll receive.

Tip #3

Check out the competition! Look at the top of the Leaderboard, click their usernames to see their teams. You'll be able to see every players full pick change history. So use this information to give you ideas for the following pick change. Remember though, you won't be able to see their pick change history during the 24-hour pick change window.

WWE Raw

- Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson received a 75 point bonus each for winning the Raw tag titles

- Finn Balor defeated Drew McIntyre via DQ

- I only counted Finn Balor, Braun Strowman and Kurt Angle as the winnners of the 6-man match as the match was restarted rather than it being a new match

@Ukgreenbay got off to a great start by having both Dash and Scott in his team AND making Dash his team captain :terminator:

The leaderboard has been updated with WWE Raw points. WWE Smackdown, 205 Live, Main Event and Elimination Chamber points to be added later this week.

You can check the weekly points in your FWL Control Panel here. Think you've spotted a mistake? Reply here and let me know.

------------------------------------------------------
PICK CHANGES

This season we will have THREE opportunities to change up to 3 picks and/or your Team Captain, the currently scheduled dates will be:
  • Monday 25th February 2019
  • Monday 18th March 2019
  • Monday 1st April 2019
You will have a 24 hour window (GMT) to change 3 picks and/or your Team Captain on the above dates. All you will have to do is login as normal (on the date), and you'll notice it will let you change up to 3 picks - as long as you don't go over your budget! But remember ONLY 3 PICKS can be changed. Remember, you also have the opportunity to change your Captain if you wish! For more info, click here.

QUICK LINKS

> Leaderboard

> Usergroups (click the name of any usergroup to see their respective leaderboards)

> FWL User Control Panel (If it said "Access Denied Entry Deadline Past", ignore it, if you registered in time, you will still be able to login. Don't forget, you have to be logged into the forums before you can login to the FWL section)[/QUOTE]

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
217 3
WWE Smackdown

- Gauntlet match: Superstars received +5 points per elimination and lost 5 if they were eliminated with the winner receiving the match win points

WWE 205 Live

- Nothing of note

Ratings
WWE Smackdown

- Gauntlet match: Superstars received +5 points per elimination and lost 5 if they were eliminated with the winner receiving the match win points

WWE 205 Live

- Nothing of note
Hey Kam, have smackdown points been added yet???

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
217 3
what will the points bonus for winning the women's tag titles?
Same as the men's. It's something I realised we hadn't discussed when watching the show but I think 75 is fine for tag titles.

Points galore at the Elimination Chamber!

WWE Elimination Chamber

- Women's Tag-Team Elimination Chamber Match: Each team received +10 points per elimination and lost 10 if they were eliminated. Baley/Sasha received a 50 point bonus for winning the Elimination Chamber as well as the 75 tag-team title bonus. (Note: I gave both Baley/Sasha and Mandy/Sonya points for the Nia/Tamina elimination)

- The Usos received a 75 point bonus for winning the Smackdown tag titles

- Finn Balor received a 100 point bonus for winning the Intercontinental title

- Buddy Murphy, Ronda Rousey and Daniel Bryan received a 30 point bonus each for successfully defending their titles

- Men's Elimination Chamber Match: Each superstar received main event appearance points with +10 points per elimination and minus 10 if they were eliminated. Daniel Bryan received a 50 point bonus for winning the Elimination Chamber as well as 50 points for the main event win.

Points have been added to the leaderboard, that's the first week done!