• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

[43] FWL Update: Week 1

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
217 3
Hi all,

Welcome to another season of the FWL! We only began accepting entries the season just over a week ago, one of our shortest joining periods ever. Hello to all you new players, I hope you enjoy the game/season :welcomesign:

For the newbies, just to get you started, say hello, pick an avatar (feel free to use any of our wrestling avatars here) and start joining in with the discussions. To find out more about how posting can affect your prize see this post.

I'll try and update points within 48 hours of the shows airing but this might not always be possible, so please be patient.

Some tips:

Tip #1

Got a smartphone? Add the pick change dates to your calendar to ensure you don't miss any. I won't be emailing you to remind you each time!

Tip #2

Know the schedule! This season we will cover 4 PPVs:

August 19th - WWE SummerSlam 2018

[FIRST PICK CHANGE IS MONDAY 27TH AUGUST]

[SECOND PICK CHANGE IS MONDAY 10TH SEPTEMBER]

September 16th - WWE Hell in a Cell 2018

[THIRD PICK CHANGE IS MONDAY 24TH SEPTEMBER]

October 6th - WWE Super Show-Down

[FOURTH PICK CHANGE IS MONDAY 8TH OCTOBER]

[FINAL PICK CHANGE IS MONDAY 22ND OCTOBER]

October 28th - Evolution (all-women's PPV)

Please remember - I may change the pick change dates - details will be announced on the forum if I do.

It makes sense to adjust your picks depending on who is featured on the upcoming PPV. Think someone is going to win a title? Maybe it's worth making them your Team Captain until the next pick change to make the most of the double bonus they'll receive.

This season they'll be no NXT Takeover event during the season so unless anyone debuts before the show, it's probably best not to pick any NXT stars.

Tip #3

Check out the competition! Look at the top of the Leaderboard, click their usernames to see their teams. You'll be able to see every players full pick change history. So use this information to give you ideas for the following pick change. Remember though, you won't be able to see their pick change history during the 24-hour pick change window.

WWE SummerSlam

- Roman Reigns received a 150 point bonus for winning the Universal title

- Charlotte and Ronda Rousey received a 125 point bonus each for winning their respective brand Women's titles

- Seth Rollins received a 100 point bonus for winning the Intercontinental title

- Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, Cedric Alexander, Harper, Rowan, AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura all received a 30 point bonus for successfully defending their titles

- Big E and Xavier Woods defeated The Bludgeon Brothers via DQ

- Samoa Joe defeated AJ Styles via DQ

The leaderboard has been updated with WWE SummerSlam points. WWE Raw, Smackdown, 205 Live and Main Event points to be added later this week.

You can check the weekly points in your FWL Control Panel here. Think you've spotted a mistake? Reply here and let me know.

------------------------------------------------------
PICK CHANGES

This season we will have FIVE opportunities to change up to 3 picks and/or your Team Captain, the currently scheduled dates will be:
  • Monday 27th August 2018
  • Monday 10th September 2018
  • Monday 24th September 2018
  • Monday 8th October 2018
  • Monday 22nd October 2018
You will have a 24 hour window (GMT) to change 3 picks and/or your Team Captain on the above dates. All you will have to do is login as normal (on the date), and you'll notice it will let you change up to 3 picks - as long as you don't go over your budget! But remember ONLY 3 PICKS can be changed. Remember, you also have the opportunity to change your Captain if you wish! For more info, click here.

QUICK LINKS

> Leaderboard

> Usergroups (click the name of any usergroup to see their respective leaderboards)

> FWL User Control Panel (If it said "Access Denied Entry Deadline Past", ignore it, if you registered in time, you will still be able to login. Don't forget, you have to be logged into the forums before you can login to the FWL section)[/QUOTE]

tso

Ratings
14 1
God knows why i changed my mind and had Owens instead of Ronda and even bigger mystery why i captained him :brickwall:

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
217 3
I was thinking the same in regards to Roman, Charlotte and Ronda - all had a decent chance of winning and I didn't pick any! :dumb:

Looking at the top 3:

Oldroyd.love
Roman Reigns + Ronda Rousey + Seth Rollins + Curtis Axel + Dean Ambrose + Kane + The Undertaker

OrlandoStrong
Roman Reigns + Ronda Rousey + Charlotte + Dolph Ziggler + Aiden English + Sin Cara + Paige

Fletch
Roman Reigns + Ronda Rousey + Bo Dallas + Curtis Axel + Dean Ambrose + Sarah Logan + Lana
All 3 have Roman as their Captain as well as Ronda in their team. I liked @Fletch's strategy of picking both The B-Team as it was pretty clear they would win.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
217 3
WWE Smackdown

- Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods received a 75 point bonus each winning the Smackdown tag titles

- Randy Orton defeated Jeff Hardy via DQ

205 Live

- Nothing of note

The first pick change is this upcoming Monday (BANK HOLIDAY! :banana:) - I think there are quite a few of us that could do with tweaking our teams! :) @Fletch - currently top spot in the FWL - how did that happen :laugh: