Latest
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

[42] FWL Update: Week 1

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
Hi all,

Welcome to another season of the FWL! This is our BIGGEST one ever - so hello to all you new players! :welcomesign:

For the newbies, just to get you started, say hello, pick an avatar (feel free to use any of our wrestling avatars here) and start joining in with the discussions. To find out more about how posting can affect your prize see this post.

I'll try and update points within 48 hours of the shows airing but this might not always be possible, so please be patient.

Some tips:

Tip #1

Got a smartphone? Add the pick change dates to your calendar to ensure you don't miss any. I won't be emailing you to remind you each time!

Tip #2

Know the schedule! This season we would have covered 5 PPVs!

April 8th - WrestleMania 34
[FIRST PICK CHANGE IS MONDAY 23rd APRIL]
April 27th - Greatest Royal Rumble
May 6th - Backlash

[SECOND PICK CHANGE IS MONDAY 21ST MAY]
[THIRD PICK CHANGE IS MONDAY 4TH JUNE]
June 16th - NXT TakeOver: Chicago
June 17th - Money in the Bank

[FOURTH PICK CHANGE IS MONDAY 25TH JUNE]
[FINAL PICK CHANGE IS MONDAY 9TH JULY]
July 15th - Extreme Rules

Please remember - I may change the pick change dates - details will be announced on the forum if I do.

It makes sense to adjust your picks depending on who is featured on the upcoming PPV. Think someone is going to win a title? Maybe it's worth making them your Team Captain until the next pick change to make the most of the double bonus they'll receive.

This season they'll only be 1 NXT Takeover event during the season so unless anyone debuts before the show, it's probably best not to pick any NXT stars until the final pick change.

Tip #3

Check out the competition! Look at the top of the Leaderboard, click their usernames to see their teams. You'll be able to see every players full pick change history. So use this information to give you ideas for the following pick change. Remember though, you won't be able to see their pick change history during the 24 hour pick change window.

Tip #4

Don't forget the cruiserweights! They appear on Raw, 205 Live and Main Event (sometimes). They were some of the best point scorers last season. Click here to view the Superstars Leaderboard for Season 41.
WWE WRESTLEMANIA

- Battle Royals: Superstars received +5 points per elimination and lost 10 points if they were eliminated. The respective winners each won a 25 point bonus

- Cedric Alexander received a 50 point bonus for winning the Crusierweight title

- Seth Rollins and Jinder Mahal received a 100 point bonus each for winning their respective titles

- Braun Strowman, Harper and Rowan received a 75 point bonus each for winning the tag titles

- Nia Jax won a 75 point bonus for winning the Womens title

- Charlotte, AJ Styles and Brock Lesnar each received a 30 point bonus for successfully defending their titles

The leaderboard has been updated with WWE WrestleMania points. WWE Raw, Smackdown, 205 Live and Main Event points to be added later this week.

You can check the weekly points in your FWL Control Panel here. Think you've spotted a mistake? Reply here and let me know.

------------------------------------------------------
PICK CHANGES

This season we will have FIVE opportunities to change up to 3 picks and/or your Team Captain, the current scheduled dates will be:
  • Monday 23rd April 2018
  • Monday 21st May 2018
  • Monday 4th June 2018
  • Monday 25th June 2018
  • Monday 9th July 2018
You will have a 24 hour window (GMT) to change 3 picks and/or your Team Captain on the above dates. All you will have to do is login as normal (on the date), and you'll notice it will let you change up to 3 picks - as long as you don't go over your budget! But remember ONLY 3 PICKS can be changed. Remember, you also have the opportunity to change your Captain if you wish! For more info, click here.

QUICK LINKS

> Leaderboard

> Usergroups (click the name of any usergroup to see their respective leaderboards)

> FWL User Control Panel (If it said "Access Denied Entry Deadline Past", ignore it, if you registered in time, you will still be able to login. Don't forget, you have to be logged into the forums before you can login to the FWL section)

Last edited:
Hello one of my wrestlers Luke Harpers points didn't get added into my points and He is one part of Smackdowns Tag team champions after last nights Wrestle Mania why wasn't his points added in on my fantasy league?

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
Hello one of my wrestlers Luke Harpers points didn't get added into my points and He is one part of Smackdowns Tag team champions after last nights Wrestle Mania why wasn't his points added in on my fantasy league?
That's been corrected :thumbup2:

So NXT Takeover: New Orleans wasn't included?
The FWL page said the game would start with WrestleMania 34. I would never start a season and include a show that's aired prior to the start date. The question was asked previously here also.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
WWE Raw points have been added.

WWE RAW

- Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn fought to a double count-out - so match loss points for both

Ratings
4 1
Looks like I may have goofed picking Almas unless he gets the call during the superstar shuffle, the guy will be my first cut

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
Looks like I may have goofed picking Almas unless he gets the call during the superstar shuffle, the guy will be my first cut
I did the same, expecting him to show up on Smackdown this week. I guess we've still got the draft next week...

Smackdown and 205 Live points have been added.

WWE SMACKDOWN

- Carmella received a 75 point bonus for winning the Women's title

- Daniel Bryan vs AJ Styles ended as a no contest

Nothing of note from 205 Live.

Just a random fact I noticed:
  • 224 players picked Asuka in their team
  • 98 picked Nia Jax
  • 38 picked Carmella
  • 35 picked Alexa
  • 32 picked Charlotte
So there must have been 224 players (including myself) disappointed/shocked at the Asuka loss at WrestleMania. The 38 who picked Carmella must be happy!

I did the same, expecting him to show up on Smackdown this week. I guess we've still got the draft next week...

Smackdown and 205 Live points have been added.

WWE SMACKDOWN

- Carmella received a 75 point bonus for winning the Women's title

- Daniel Bryan vs AJ Styles ended as a no contest

Nothing of note from 205 Live.

Just a random fact I noticed:
  • 224 players picked Asuka in their team
  • 98 picked Nia Jax
  • 38 picked Carmella
  • 35 picked Alexa
  • 32 picked Charlotte
So there must have been 224 players (including myself) disappointed/shocked at the Asuka loss at WrestleMania. The 38 who picked Carmella must be happy!
I am one of those 38 and I am extremely happy :p

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
WWE Main Event points have been added.

It's been a tough week for quite a few players - the Reigns/Auska/Nakamura losses hit us hard! I'm currently languishing in 248th position! :help:

Ten players who can't complain:

1. @Pa316 = 1045
2. @BristolBeadz = 900
3. @azza69247 = 850
4. @Ukgreenbay = 845
5. @wrestler1974 = 800
6. @blender21172 = 785
7. @leefaulds17 = 775
8. @aj17 = 770
9. @ATC17 = 750
9. @ttotten29 = 750

I guess we always have The Greatest Royal Rumble PPV to try and regain some points...