Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

3-Hour "Old School" RAW Discussion Thread - November 15, 2010 from Hershey

TPIB

Last week's edition of RAW scored a 3.1 rating, which is down from the previous week's 3.3 rating.

Venue
Giant Center in Hershey, PA

Confirmed Matches/Events

Three-Hour "Old School" Edition of RAW

Several WWE Legends To Make Appearances

Final Build To Survivor Series

Scheduled Appearances By

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase
The Iron Sheik
Sgt. Slaughter
Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka
Dusty Rhodes
"Rowdy" Roddy Piper
Nikolai Volkoff
"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
"Mean" Gene Okerlund​

Last edited:

The Icon

Old school raw news

- It's been confirmed that Mean Gene Okerlund will be handling interviews on next week's three-hour Old School RAW Legends confirmed include Sgt. Slaughter, Dusty Rhodes, Roddy Piper, Jimmy Snuka, The Iron Sheik, Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Nikolai Volkoff.

WWE will be going out all next week with retro graphics, a retro set design, music and appearances by other Legends.

Shawn Michaels and his former Rockers tag team partner Marty Jannetty are featured in the teaser video for next week's show.

The GS

I think people want to see more Attitude Era stars instead of the same 80's stars every year.

Maxximus

Chaotic Good
Forum Leader
Subscriber
-It has been confirmed that they announced this on Raw last night.

Thanks for the info though. I needed the reminder.

The GS

Problem is, the main Attitude guys (Austin, Rock) are not going to come back for a random Raw.
Don't need to go that big. Guys like Rikishi, Too Cool, X-Pac, Roadd Dogg, Mr. Ass, Albert, Gangrel, etc would all do fine.

The Beltster

I love the old guys, love to see them but WWE just cart out the exact same group of old farts every single damn time. Sheik, Volkoff, Duggan, Mean Gene....its shit! There are so many guys they could bring out that they never do.

Jake Roberts, Demolition, Bundy, Killer Bees, Rougeau Brothers, Haku, Powers of Pain, Akeem, Beefcake, Tito Santana, Rick Martel, Honky...why do we need Sgt Slaughter and f*cking IRS every time?!

Gay as f*ck!

The Icon

I love the old guys, love to see them but WWE just cart out the exact same group of old farts every single damn time. Sheik, Volkoff, Duggan, Mean Gene....its shit! There are so many guys they could bring out that they never do.

Jake Roberts, Demolition, Bundy, Killer Bees, Rougeau Brothers, Haku, Powers of Pain, Akeem, Beefcake, Tito Santana, Rick Martel, Honky...why do we need Sgt Slaughter and f*cking IRS every time?!

Gay as f*ck!
I would like to see most of them. Imagine a strike force reunion skit on raw? That would be cool. Don't know about Jake though, can he stay sober long enough to do a raw?

OOPS sorry yeah was mixing up Umaga.

Fiona

Gay as f*ck!
Maybe some of the other guys you listed just don't want to do it. Don't get me wrong, I totally agree, it's always the same group, but maybe there is a reason for it.

The Beltster

Maybe some of the other guys you listed just don't want to do it. Don't get me wrong, I totally agree, it's always the same group, but maybe there is a reason for it.
Bruno Sammartino doesnt want to do it....but Martel? Tito? Some of these guys still work indy shows for peanuts, they would literally jump at the chance to get flown in, a couple thousand bucks payday, one more moment in the spotlight and the ability to up their indy show fee for a few weeks afterwards.

The reason for it is because alot of these guys work for WWE in some capacity, Dusty, Steamboat, Arn, Malenko and maybe Sarge and IRS. They dont have to pay them extra, and Volkoff and Sheik probably work for $15 bucks worth of crack. That and WWE are lazy as hell.

Last edited:

The Icon

Even with the same old faces as always I think they can pull it off if done right. They are doing the ring and such old school as well, and the announcing. Maybe, just maybe it will be good enough.

Still a few susprise guests, along the lines of Belty's post would be a good thing

Jimmy Redman

Rikishi isnt dead. However, NAO hate Vince, Waltman is...Waltman, Albert is in Japan. You also have to remember that for some guys, they might just not want to or be able to do it, or Vince might not want to work with someone for some reason. (I know I wouldnt trust a guy like Waltman on live TV.)

The reason we get guys like IRS, Slaughter, Arn, Gene every time is because they work for the company, they're already there and dont need to be brought in.

I agree that if they want to make a big deal out of it, they should try and get different guys in.

And they have done, too. Anyone remember the Raw 15th Anniversary show? They had not only Hogan and Austin and Bischoff, but they brought a truckload of people out of obscurity: Sunny, Steve Blackman, Godfather, Molly, Jannetty, Bart Gunn, Repo Man, Doink, Mean Street Posse, Bob Backlund, Skinner, etc.

So its possible. But the difference is that was the 15th anniversary show that they wanted to make into a big deal, whereas this is just something hastily put together a week ago to deal with the latest 3 hour show that USA have forced upon them. So my expectations are...realistic.

The B-Man

Thought I posted about this, is there not a 3 hr Raw for the 29th November as well as this?

Jimmy Redman

There is. Thats going to be KOTR.

Two three hour shows in the space of 3 weeks (and a PPV in the middle) is going to be rough.

The Beltster

Has anybody seen the old school WWF merchandise section on WWE.com? F*cking good stuff there! Most of it is trash but there are some shirts I'd buy and wear in public because they look nothing like wrestling shirts.

The Icon

Has anybody seen the old school WWF merchandise section on WWE.com? F*cking good stuff there! Most of it is trash but there are some shirts I'd buy and wear in public because they look nothing like wrestling shirts.
You wouldn't wear any of the moe newer ones in public? I proudly wear a few. HHH Circa 2005/6. Thrish Stratus same era. Yes Trish. DX. AJ Styles.

Yeah I would never wear some, Cena's look horrible.