Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

3-Hour 2010 WWE Draft Discussion Thread - April 26, 2010 from Richmond, VA

The GS

I heard some people on another forum suggest that WWE are trying to bring a bigger adult audience to Raw by shipping the colourful cartoon characters to Smackdown and putting the edgier characters on Raw.

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Why don't they just do that the other way round? Smackdown was always good because it was the B-show, so Vince didn't care about it. RAW had that little midget pr*ck, and DX, and celebrity appearances, and Chavo silently contemplating suicide, and all that rubbish, and then Smackdown had an actually quite good show.

If they try and do it the other way round, RAW will still be the A-show, so Vince will still care about it, and he'll infect it with his miss aimed pop-culture references, and "comedy" skits that make me actually stop liking life, and general sh*tness that has made modern wrestling the worst wrestling has EVER been, including the times that pro-wrestling didn't even exist, making it, mathematically, negatively enjoyable. But, whilst, in the past, we could all say, "F*ck that", and watch Smackdown, now, we don't even get that because the Smackdown roster now involves HORNS-F*CKING-SWOGGLE, who I personally consider a bigger detriment to world happiness than cancer, and the rest of the Animaniacs.

Just when you thought 2009/2010 was the worst wrestling good ever get... SWERVE~

Inno

I'm the good looking one up there
Subscriber
don't you diss the Animaniacs, sir!

Fiona

I think its much less to do with Impact and more to do with the fact that Smackdown is on a dying network and doing no ratings.
But that doesn't make sense. If the ratings are bad then why make them worse by bringing in wrestlers like Chavo and Hornswoggle. If the ratings bottom out then Vince may have a problem finding another channel to air the show. Smackdown used to be the best of the three, now Vince has almost guaranteed that it will be the worst of the two.

I heard some people on another forum suggest that WWE are trying to bring a bigger adult audience to Raw by shipping the colourful cartoon characters to Smackdown and putting the edgier characters on Raw.
Maybe Impact on Mondays is having a small, excuse the pun, impact on that. I can't understand why they would put almost the whole main event into one show. Makes no sense really. All they have to do is introduce celebrity guest hosts on Smackdown and it's finished. They've done so much for RAW.

ScottyB

Every year people say SD! got raped (which it does) and well, every year wrestlers on SD step and fill in the void that the rapeage has left. Add to that I've read somewhere in the past people tend to work harder when they're on SD! because they know they have a much larger chance of climbing the ladder to the main event. Kofi and Christian are the two which I think will rise up the card.

Magic

The first apple tree.
Forum Leader
Subscriber
If Christian isn't pushed into the Main Event with Smackdown in it's current state - ie very little established main event stars, then there is something seriously wrong with the world.

DC

Random thoughts as I watch the show...
  • Miz's jacket is still all kinds of awesome.

• Staying with The Miz, I think it's fair to say that he's one of the best talkers in wrestling today.

• THE MOUNTIE & DAVID ARQUETTE GETTING PROPS FROM BRET HART, FUTHAMUCKAS!!! All that was missing is an El Dandy mention.

• I love a delayed vertical suplex and that was a very impressive one.

• Smith's twisting back suplex looked brutal.

• :lol: @ Tyson Kidd running into Big Show and then Show picking him up by the jaw before headbutting him.

• The live crowd are really into this title match.

• What a brilliant finish to a really good match... and how much were the crowd into it?

• Miz sold that punch amazingly. That was fantastic.

• Maryse is easily the hottest Diva in the company today.

• I liked how Maryse and Eve weren't suddenly best friends.

• OOH!! McCool's kick looked stiff.

• Bourne sold the GTS really well.

• DANCE, TEDDY, DANCE!!!!

• Huge reactions for both Sheamus and Orton.

• And a huge reaction for Cena too.

• "This is why I wrestle in jean shorts" :lol:

• KANE SMILED!!!!

• I adore DiBiase's "head fake" clothesline.

• AWWW!!! Sucks to be Santino.

• Jericho appears to be in a huff. :lol:

• Christian v Jericho was a really good match with a brilliant finish.

• Swagger gets his win back and what an awesome way to set up the powerbomb.

• DiBiase wants a Virgil because his daddy had a Virgil... but Truth ain't no slave for a white man. :lol:

• **** OFF, HORNSWOGGLE!! LITTLE GREEN F*CKTARD!!!

• Using the helment and his shoes should've caused a DQ. F*CKING LITTLE PR*CK!!!

• Batista looks pissed.

• :lol: @ Sheamus going "OY, OY!"

• The main-event was a fun match and the finish was great.

Jimmy Redman

But that doesn't make sense. If the ratings are bad then why make them worse by bringing in wrestlers like Chavo and Hornswoggle. If the ratings bottom out then Vince may have a problem finding another channel to air the show. Smackdown used to be the best of the three, now Vince has almost guaranteed that it will be the worst of the two.
They dont want to try and help the ratings, they've abandoned any attempt at Smackdown ratings. The ratings will remain roughly where they are, they're just not going to bother putting any real stars on there since its in the toilet.

They already have a new network to show it on in October (SyFy), thats not an issue.

And on Smackdown and its workrate, I'm upset about the loss of Jericho, Edge and Morrison. Punk and Rey are the only 'new Smackdown Six' dudes left on the show, which sucks. But on the other hand, there's the addition of MVP, Kofi, Swagger and most of all Christian, which bodes well. Like Scotty said, every year Smackdown seems to get shafted, and every year they end up churning out excellent work because the workers step up and the young guys become workers. I think even a guy like Cody will look a hundred times better by the next 6 months.

video767

Sounds like a pretty good explanation for this. Due to cable issues, I haven't seen RAW since the Mike Tyson episode in January (which was pretty awful, tbh). I think if Vince really wants to get RAW back the adult male audience (that watch for a reason other than that their sons are watching), they need to stop with the "guest hosts" and get back to that "soap opera for men" mentality. They did a pretty good job with that when they had the HHH/Orton storyline for Wrestlemania 25.

And about the cartoon characters going to SmackDown...I am p-ssed off about that. It's going to look like 1995 all over again. At least they got some good young guys though, and Christian is one hell of a wrestler. Basically, if they focus on him, Swagger, CM Punk, Rey, Kofi, Dolph and Cody Rhodes...I think it can still be a decent show.

The Franchise

Smackdown was better than Raw now its back to mediocre status.

If Christian isn't pushed into the Main Event with Smackdown in it's current state - ie very little established main event stars, then there is something seriously wrong with the world.
Every year Raw always gets the better draft picks while Smackdown gets raped. Smackdown before the draft was indeed a well balanced and well rounded roster. Now? Its basically back to square one for them. Christian should've been allowed to feud with Edge just one more time. Or put E & C back together for another run as Tag champions.

The draft is a waste of time to begin with. Look for Raw to crush Smackdown this time around. The WWE title picture on Raw looks pretty solid now compared to what Smackdown has to offer with Jack Swagger as their champion.:)

Da Showstoppa

The Mountie is the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time - Bret Hart said so! I always knew it anyway.

Cena in "entertaining promo" shock.

I watched the recording of Raw, just after the Impact where RVD won their World title - I must say I found Impact to be more "adult" and edgy. Something I miss about Raw.

The Franchise

The draft was exactly what the WWE is on a daily basis:predictable.

Every year the draft does exactly what its supposed to do: Make Raw look Better and stick it to Smackdown. Smackdown was actually the better show before the draft. Now? Its basically Smackdowns best on Raw and Smackdown got hand-me downs.(True borefest)

Plus is it any surprise that Smackdowns ratings arent good? No. I mean any show on Friday nights is going to take a hit. I mean if you are not an old foggy watching old re-runs of something most people on Fridays are either dining out or going to catch a movie while they are out. Stay home for what?

Monday thru Thursday is always good for tv. Saturdays & Sundays are for sporting events and catching movies on Cable. Other than that the last time Friday produced good tv with high ratings was back when Dallas & Falcon Crest was on the air.(And we all know how long thats been)

Smackdown is going to take a major hit before its over said and done. And Raw? Will survive.:lol:

iLoveHHH

Just a quick question I was really confused about after watching Raw....Why did the No.1 contenders match continue after Edge speared Orton in front of the ref?? Surely it was a no contest due to outside interferance? I mean what are rules for if they are only used when the referee feels like it? Same goes for Hornswoggle throwing his shoes and helmet at Ziggler, should have been a DQ no?? I lik things to make sense, thas why i'm asking!

The Franchise

Just a quick question I was really confused about after watching Raw....Why did the No.1 contenders match continue after Edge speared Orton in front of the ref?? Surely it was a no contest due to outside interferance? I mean what are rules for if they are only used when the referee feels like it? Same goes for Hornswoggle throwing his shoes and helmet at Ziggler, should have been a DQ no?? I lik things to make sense, thas why i'm asking!
I have to agree with you on that one.100%:thumbup:

DC

Why did the No.1 contenders match continue after Edge speared Orton in front of the ref??
Three- and four-ways in WWE are pretty much always fought with no count-outs and no disqualifications.

Dave7g

Worse was why Randy Orton was even in the match at all. He's not allowed to get a title match with Cena ever again.

H}{H-Evolution

That's pretty much a retcon by now, dave...you know how WWE rewrites/drops storylines if needed!

iLoveHHH

Worse was why Randy Orton was even in the match at all. He's not allowed to get a title match with Cena ever again.
Oh yeah, i fogot about that one! And why was it those 3 guys anyhow? Batista had his rematch, Orton lost to Swagger and Sheamus, well maybe he deserves a title match but it was just weird that they came to the ring saying they wanted to be the new champ so deserved a shot at it. Yet the whole locker room WANT to be champ so why don't they come out and demand a no.1 contender shot? I just found it a bit baffling is all, if all you have to do is say you deserve a shot at the title why doesn't everyone do that??? :?

Dante Spears

That was in Cena's fifth reign as WWE Champion. as soon as he lost it he was able to challenge again for it.