Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

3-Hour 2010 WWE Draft Discussion Thread - April 26, 2010 from Richmond, VA

Fletch

To RAW:
John Morrison
R-Truth
Edge
Chris Jericho

To SmackDown:
Kelly Kelly
Big Show
Kofi Kingston
Christian

Supplmental Draft on WWE.com at 12 ET/5pm GMT

As you can see, SmackDown got ass-raped again in what was a poor draft. 4 picks each only, and now RAW is loaded with Main Event talent.

Dave was gold last night though, I did read a couple hours before he's staying on for a few weeks, until the next PPV then he's done

Dave7g

Raw is looking better now. Heel Edge and Jericho, no HHH, no DX. If R Truth got rid of his soul destroying "music" he'd be bearable. Also if they changed Morrissons gimmick he could go somewhere too. His gimmick is nonsense now. Fire Michael Cole and never let Striker anywhere near a microphone again and were laughing. Also these ****ing guest hosts can piss off too.

takemethere

What on earth?! I enjoyed most of the show but the draft picks so far make no sense to me. There are way too many big names on RAW now, how are any of the mid-carders gonna get a push with so many others already at the top? And what about Smackdown? I suppose it depends on who else gets drafted, but I don't see any of the big names being announced over WWE.com. I was so convinced that Orton was going to Smackdown.

I'm undecided about Jericho being drafted. It was definitely the biggest surprise for me, especially after Edge went but I want to see Jericho in the title picture and that doesn't look likely seeing as there's already Cena/Batista/Sheamus/Orton/Edge. Also maybe I'm just a bit slow, but I had no idea that was supposed to be a heel turn for Edge until I read this thread.

Also, why why why did they break up MizShow? It was way too soon! I was looking forward to a proper MizShow/Hart Dynasty feud. Miz would be great on his own but again I think he might get overshadowed by the others on RAW. And who are the Hart Dynasty going to defend their titles against now? The tag team division was my favourite part of wrestling when I was growing up, I don't understand why they don't seem to care about it.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this works out but it's just not looking good at the moment.

The GS

Is that a "We want Mickie" chant? That's awesome.
Yeah it was, but shame we couldn't hear the chants properly last night because of the 3 man commentary team talking rubbish non stop. I had a headache after watching the show because of the awful commentary. It just ruined the show for me. I want to watch wrestling, not listen to 3 fools arguing like 10 year olds.

The draft was nonsense too. Jericho AND Edge to Raw? F**k off.
I always like seeing Punk main event and I like seeing stars who usually don't main event being given a chance. But they could've kept at least one big name Heavyweight on Smackdown!

As for the show, it was nice to hear a WWE crowd make some noise for once again when the Hart Dynasty won in an entertaining match. But what the f**k are they doing splitting up Show-Miz? Big Show was interesting and fun to watch as a tag-team guy. Now we're back to the boring singles wrestler Big Show is. What a stupid move to break up Show-Miz.
There were some positives like the Batista/Orton/Sheamus part. But the negatives outweigh the positives again.

Jung

If they push Miz as a singles guy, it won't be a stupid move. But with Jericho, Edge and Sheamus ahead of him, it makes you wonder.

Dante Spears

So RAW is back to being over stacked with Cena, Batista, Orton, HHH (Well he's "injured"), Edge, Chris Jericho and i guess Sheamus. Why would they move Jericho AND Edge, even though I'm thrilled that I'll finally be able to see Edge when I go to the tapings.

Christian going to Smackdown pleases me. Ziggler interacting with Hornswoggle worries me because I fear that Ziggler getting draft means a Hornswoggle/Ziggler feud. ugh.

I do like that the most bearable edition of RAW is without the guest host. Maybe that'll send a message to McMahon

Also if they changed Morrissons gimmick he could go somewhere too. His gimmick is nonsense now.
Yeah screw him being over with his current gimmick. A gimmick by the way that works, he's suppose to be a "rockstar"/Jim Morrison wannabe. All he needs is to turn heel

Last edited:

Dave7g

Yeah screw him being over with his current gimmick. A gimmick by the way that works, he's suppose to be a "rockstar"/Jim Morrison wannabe. All he needs is to turn heel.
He's over, yeah but not because he's Jim Morrisson. He's not even close to that Morrisson nonsense anymore anyway. Would Morrisson be running around with an idiot like R Truth begging WWE babyfans to shout his catchphrase? No, he'd be a heel like Raven was before Raven stopped being relevant.

The WWE children aren't exactly going to know who Jim Morrisson is anyway. Maybe they could change him to John The Dinosaur?

A gimmick change would freshen him up and give him a purpose, he's more or less a jobber now.

Dave7g

Oh I know he beat Swagger alright, but what happened next?

Extreme Rules Spoiler:

Team 1 in a 3 team gauntlet match, unannounced mind you that loses in 2 minutes.

Hardly being pushed to the moon.

Jung

Lol you didn't watch the gauntlet match did you? Or else you certainly wouldn't be using that to justify your argument.

Dave7g

I'm not using anything to justify anything, I think he can do better that's all. Jesus Christ. He might benefit by dropping his nonsense gimmick, that's all. Why must you turn everything into a massive deal?

Jung

I'm not. You were just talking crap again saying he was a jobber.

If you didn't post so much rubbish half the time then people wouldn't have to call you out about it so much.

I mean read the last few posts. Where is this massive deal? It's just you backing yourself into the corner by repeatedly saying stuff which is 100% garbage and then not being able to get out of it. So stop saying it and then you wouldn't get to this point. Don't be such a baby, I haven't insulted you in fact I've said 3 sentences before this post, all of which were very light hearted.

So there's a bigger deal, if that's what you're craving so bad.

Dave7g

Ok lets go down the pedantic route. He's not a jobber. He's also not doing as well as he could. The end. And please stop being so condesending to everyone, it's a horrible trait. Telling someone that they are talking 100% garbage is bollocks when it's someone sharing an opinion. So he's not Pez Whatley, great. You win. Well done.

Jung

Ok lets go down the pedantic route. He's not a jobber. He's also not doing as well as he could. The end. And please stop being so condesending to everyone, it's a horrible trait. Telling someone that they are talking 100% garbage is bollocks when it's someone sharing an opinion. So he's not Pez Whatley, great. You win. Well done.
It's not about you win, and apologise if I ranted at you I'm just tired of so many people on this site being extremes about everything.

If you aren't a main eventer, you're a jobber. If you're a main eventer you're either rubbish, not as good as you were, past-it, refuse to lose to people etc etc.

So much negativity. Dave don't try and take a high ground, cause you're just as bad as me for condescending and pedantry and you know it. Anyways I'm done with this conversation, apologies if I went too far but jeez Dave stop with the extremes on stuff you clearly don't even watch.

Tio

After watching the draft the first thing that came to my mind was, Vince is taking TNA more seriously than he is letting on...making sure 95% of his main event talent is on Monday nights.

Jimmy Redman

After watching the draft the first thing that came to my mind was, Vince is taking TNA more seriously than he is letting on...making sure 95% of his main event talent is on Monday nights.
I think its much less to do with Impact and more to do with the fact that Smackdown is on a dying network and doing no ratings.