Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

3-Hour 2008 WWE Draft RAW Discussion Thread- June 23 from San Antonio, TX

TPIB

The 3-Hour 2008 WWE Draft Special Edition of RAW (#787) will be live from the AT&T Center in San Antonio, TX and have a special start time of 8/7c. Superstars from RAW, SmackDown, & ECW will all be on hand. Every single WWE Superstar, Diva, & Announcer is eligible to be drafted.

Credit: WWE.com
In the midst of the build-up to Night of Champions, there’s one thing on every Superstar’s mind: the 2008 WWE Draft. For the second year in a row, the Draft will take place on a special three-hour RAW, where all Superstars, all Divas and all announcers from all three brands are eligible. How will the entire landscape of sports-entertainment change in the wake of this year’s Draft?

Even with the Draft dominating RAW, Mr. McMahon has announced that there’s nothing keeping him from giving away another $1 million of his money as part of McMahon’s Million Dollar Mania. For your chance to get a share of the Chairman’s cash, all you have to do is register to win.

Temperatures continue to rise between WWE Champion Triple H and his Night of Champions challenger John Cena. Last week, Mr. McMahon was forced to send in a referee to keep The Game and Cena from taking each other apart at the very start of RAW, and we still have a week to go until Night of Champions, when they’ll finally be turned loose on one another. When two competitors this powerful and confident want to compete, is there anything capable of keeping them apart?

After being kept away from Cena, Triple H participated in a match against Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho as retaliation for Y2J’s cruel treatment of Shawn Michaels the week before. Jericho has stated that he’s tired of being booed for doing the right thing only to see HBK cheered for his dishonest behavior, and to back his claim, he was willing to throw down with not only the WWE Champion but also Ric Flair, in the Hall of Famer’s first appearance since his retirement. After having his head smashed into the Jeri-Tron 6000, Michaels is currently receiving medical care, but how long will it be before he returns to RAW looking for payback?

Though they have had their share of difficulties in prior weeks, the World Tag Team Champions Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes managed to defeat Cryme Tyme in a non-title match on RAW. Watching them compete was Ted DiBiase, who along with a partner of his choosing will be challenging Holly & Rhodes at Night of Champions in the third-generation Superstar’s first in-ring performance. Who is this mystery competitor, and will the World Tag Team Champions be able to stand up to their assault?

Tune in to witness sports-entertainment history on a three-hour Monday Night RAW at the special start time of 8/7 CT only on the USA Network.

Confirmed Matches/Events

2008 WWE Draft

Week Three of McMahon's Million Dollar Mania

Last edited:

The B-Man

Ok I will go with a one I think may go to each brand:

Jeff to ECW

Punk to Raw

Umaga to SD

SuperKick Kid

Jeff isn't leaving Raw, especially after last night.

I think Umaga and Kennedy are going to Smackdown.

CM Punk to Raw

Batista to Raw probably.

I'd like to see them switch Triple H and Edge.

joe boy

I hope Batista go's to Raw and Y2J go's to smackdown were he could feud with MVP and Matt Hardy

BlackEyed

To Raw: Batista, Elijah Burke, Matt Hardy, CM Punk

To SD: Chris Jericho, Umanga, Shelton Benjamin

To ECW: Paul Burchill, Chuck Palumbo, JBL (I think he'd do some good there)

Maybe shaking up the commentators would be good too...Have the Mick Foley with the Mike Adamle, or the Jim Ross with the Tazz

Nemesis Enforcer

I am actually struggling to think of who will go where right now as there doesn't seem to be any stomach for change in the upper mid card and main event

Will HHH take the title to Smackdown? hell no he won't go to the B show there has been talk of it already and it was shot down right away so that means Edge won't be be changing brands either

I can only really see some mid carders switching around but no major changes, possibly Jeff Hardy to Smackdown and Batista to Raw but right now thats the biggest switch I can really think of

Kanenite

I am actually struggling to think of who will go where right now as there doesn't seem to be any stomach for change in the upper mid card and main event

I can only really see some mid carders switching around but no major changes, possibly Jeff Hardy to Smackdown and Batista to Raw but right now thats the biggest switch I can really think of
See that's i'm thinking, I can't see a need for any major changes in the brands so can only imagine some minor names switching round.

I hope the brands get their fair share this year aswell as it was so lopsided last year with RAW getting all of the big names and sending ones like Khali, Torrie and Chris Masters.

It'd be good for a Supplemental draft though aswell like they did last year, swapping a lot of the smaller names around.

Jayfunk

they need to do something about smackdown move some talent across to it because without the taker they don't have barely anyone of star power

TPIB

As I mentioned before, I have no real predictions as to who will go where. Instead, I will post who I think should move brands and why:

Umaga To SmackDown- The only switch that has been known about for awhile and I think it makes sense to give Umaga a fresh run on SmackDown. I could visualize a nice feud over the World Heavyweight Title between Edge and Umaga.

MVP To RAW- I think that since losing the United States Title at Backlash, MVP has been under utilized and I think MVP getting a move to RAW will make him a nice contender for the Intercontinental Title.

Mr. Kennedy To ECW- They've tried Kennedy on SmackDown and they have tried Kennedy on RAW and I think it's time they move Kennedy to ECW.

Batista To RAW- Batista to RAW seems like a sensible choice, even though I don't think he belongs on live television. It will be a good way to continue the feud between him and Michaels and him and Jericho and later a feud with Triple H over the WWE Title.

John Cena To SmackDown- I think Cena should be moved back to SmackDown. There's not really anything for Cena on RAW after Cena Vs. Triple H is done. Not to mention that it would make Night Of Champions interesting having Triple H fighting to keep the WWE Title and keep it on RAW.

Trevor Murdoch To ECW- A move from RAW to ECW for Murdoch will push him from being barely on television to being a mid-card wrestler on ECW.

Santino Marella To SmackDown- Marella to SmackDown will provide a nice feud between Santino and Finlay/Hornswoggle.

Vladimir Kozlov To RAW- I realize that Kozlov has only been on SmackDown for around a month, but I think he is ready for the A Show.

Mickie James & Women's Title to SmackDown- I think SmackDown has a bigger roster of Divas and potential challengers for Mickie or whoever the champion is.

JBL To ECW- JBL heading to ECW will put JBL in a position to challenge and possibly defeat Kane for the ECW Title.

CM Punk To SmackDown- I can't see Punk cashing in Money-in-the-Bank on RAW and being WWE Champion, but I can see him having a run as World Heavyweight Champion. Though it doesn't even matter if Punk gets drafted, seeing as he can challenge for any World Championship anyways.

Bam Neely To RAW- I think Neely had a lot of talent that can utilized, but playing second banana to Chavo Guerrero (who, at this point, is a jobber). Being on RAW by himself could prove to be a decent run for Neely.

BlackEyed

Is it possible that Shawn Michaels could move to Smackdown! and feud with Edge?
Because, to me, all the other avenues are exhausted for Edge...There's no new rivalries for him on SD! (Short of turning MVP face)
I think it would make a great rivalry

Fiona

Will HHH take the title to Smackdown? hell no he won't go to the B show there has been talk of it already and it was shot down right away so that means Edge won't be be changing brands either

I agree Nemesis I too can't figure out what or who will go. The only one I can think of is MVP he is now doing nothing on SD and would benefit from a new roster to insult. I can't see Edge going anywhere with Taker gone and they need a big name to replace him I'm thinking maybe Cena as I don't think HHH would ever go. Besides you can't have two champions on one show.

The last draft definitely favoured Raw so I hope this one balancing the two shows out.

The Icon

I agree Nemesis I too can't figure out what or who will go. The only one I can think of is MVP he is now doing nothing on SD and would benefit from a new roster to insult. I can't see Edge going anywhere with Taker gone and they need a big name to replace him I'm thinking maybe Cena as I don't think HHH would ever go. Besides you can't have two champions on one show.

The last draft definitely favoured Raw so I hope this one balancing the two shows out.
Actually there is no rule saying you can't have two champions on one show. Of course WWE won't do this as the champion sells the show so they want one on each show.

Da Showstoppa

Is it possible that Shawn Michaels could move to Smackdown! and feud with Edge?
Because, to me, all the other avenues are exhausted for Edge...There's no new rivalries for him on SD! (Short of turning MVP face)
I think it would make a great rivalry
I'm thinking a possible trade for Edge to come to Raw (With Cena heading back to SD) Triple H wins at NOC and he and Edge feud for the next few months. Edge has never had a main event feud with Triple H.

Cena going to Smackdown (which is the "kid friendly" show) would make a lot of sense.

As per usual I don't see any major balancing of the brands though - The WWE Draft never proves to be the shakeup they promise.

Jimmy Redman

Not to mention the Draft always ends up raping Smackdown.

Who knows.

MVP said:
Vladimir Kozlov To RAW- I realize that Kozlov has only been on SmackDown for around a month, but I think he is ready for the A Show.
Lolz.

Matthew J Stark

Actually there is no rule saying you can't have two champions on one show. Of course WWE won't do this as the champion sells the show so they want one on each show.
Unless they decide to truly make Smackdown the B show & have the WWE & World on RAW & the US & Intercontinental on SD. Which would be pretty bad. And therefore these days something that could happen:info7:

M.V.P.

i hope jericho goes to smackdown to feud with mvp
elijah burke to smackdown for awesomeness and
big show not to ecw ;)

if that happens i dont care what else does