Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

205 Live Discussion Thread

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
I thought we could do a thread for any random comments/discussion points from the show.

This weeks show featured a 3 on 1 handicap match with Goldust defeating Ariya Daivari, Drew Gulak and Tony Nese.

I know it's not like many people watch/care about the show/division but did they really need Goldust humiliating those three?!

TPIB

Ratings
I still don't understand why Goldust is part of 205 Live to begin with. Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of the show being for competitors 205 pounds or less?

I agree though. What is to be gained by Goldust defeating three of the top talent on 205 Live? I'll be surprised if 205 Live survives 2018.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
Drake Maverick is the new 205 Live GM:

I think he's a good choice for now. The tournament for the championship is a good idea.

Great to see Tyler Bate on the show (shame he lost)...but we've also got Roderick Strong appearing next week for the tournament also.

The Icon

Ratings
Good news for cruiserweight fans. Vinny Mac is cutting all ties with the booking and production of the show.

Going forward HHH and the nxt booking squad are in charge of the booking. There will be no more character development over match quality. Match quality will come first.

The plan going forward is a complete return to the cruiserweight classic style of booking, in that the interviews and matches get the talent over. Not crappy booking and 4 minute matches.

TPIB

Ratings
Good news for cruiserweight fans. Vinny Mac is cutting all ties with the booking and production of the show.

Going forward HHH and the nxt booking squad are in charge of the booking. There will be no more character development over match quality. Match quality will come first.

The plan going forward is a complete return to the cruiserweight classic style of booking, in that the interviews and matches get the talent over. Not crappy booking and 4 minute matches.
Hopefully this can save the fledgling division. I'm not saying Triple H is a savior or a miracle worker but, given what Vince has done with the division, a change in creative direction cannot hurt at all.

This would also explain why guys like Roderick Strong and Tyler Bate have been part of the Cruiserweight Title Tournament and why Mark Andrews will be a part of the tournament next week.

Speaking of which, next week's First Round Matches in the tournament will be Drew Gulak vs. Tony Nese and Akira Tozawa vs. Mark Andrews.

The Icon

Ratings
To update HHH is in charge, his second in command is Adam Pearce. Everyone else will report to Adam, he will answer directly to HHH.