Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

2018 World Cup

Ratings
Next month we will see the biggest celebrated sports event to kick off. Russia will open the game facing Saudi Arabia on June 14. There aren't many fights to look forward to in the early rounds except Portugal vs Spain and maybe Germany vs Sweden. Who do you think will take the trophy this year?

Ratings
It's difficult to say who will win. I'm not generally that much into footie, but the World Cup does get my interest more.

I think that Germany vs Sweden should be a good game. Germany are strong, but I'm not quite sure where Sweden are in terms of skill.

Ratings
Sweden fought Germany in 2012 if my memory is right. They were going to lose with 0-4, but somehow bounced back and closed the game in a draw (4–4). All happened in the last 30 minutes! That was a crazy game. I don't think Sweden made an impressive record since then, so I wonder how they'll fare against Germany this time.

Ratings
@North, it's funny how the most action always seems to happen right at the end of the game.

I'm looking forward to the Portugal vs Iran match. I wonder how Carlos Queiroz feels about coaching the Iran national team this time around and going against a team he formerly managed. If anyone knows how to neutralize Ronaldo, I think it'd be him.