Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

2009 Slammy Awards Edition of RAW Discussion Thread - December 14, 2009

TPIB

The 2009 Slammy Awards will come to you, live, on a three-hour edition of Monday Night RAW from the American Bank Center in Corpus Christi, TX.

Awards
Superstar of the Year
Diva of the Year
Tag Team of the Year
Match of the Year
Breakout Star of the Year
"Oh My" Moment of the Year
Extreme Moment of the Year
Shocker of the Year
RAW Guest Host of the Year

Nominees Are Available At This Link
http://www.wrestling101.com/101/newsitem/8046/

Confirmed Matches/Events

WWE Presents The 2009 Slammy Awards

Dennis Miller To Serve As Guest Host

NEW WWE Champion Sheamus To Appear

NEW Unified WWE Tag Team Champions D-Generation X To Appear

RAW, SmackDown, & ECW Superstars & Divas To Appear

WWE TLC Fallout

Last edited:

LilThj

I wonder who's gonna have the best finishing maneuver of the year and the best suspersgtar of the year

Da Showstoppa

Your picks for the Slammys!

It's that time of year folks: Here's my picks..

Superstar of the Year:

Randy Orton:

Despite some very questionable booking, Orton has been brilliant and captivating to watch throughout 2009. His mannerisms and psychology have at times been the best I've ever seen.

Diva of the Year

Mileena: Best entrance and a very talented in ring performer.

Tag Team of the Year

Jerishow: As much as I hate watching anything that includes the Big Slow, they've made the biggest impact.

Match of the Year

HBK V Undertaker WM25: Amazing match following a great and creative build up. Plus I really felt Taker's streak was in real jeopardy this time.

Breakout Star of the Year

Kofi Kingston: Following his attack on Randy Orton's Nascar, Kofi has elevated himself to new levels, and his game has raised accordingly.

Couple of the Year

I can't think of one.

OMG Moment of the Year

Shawn's superkick on Triple H at the start of the Triple Threat with Cena.

"DAMN!" Moment of the Year

I said this when Seamus became no1 contender.

Extreme Moment of the Year

I'm sure it occured in MITB.

Best Finishing Maneuver

RKO / Sweet Chin Music. Probably the before mentioned SCM on Triple H.

Announce Team of the Year

Matt Stryker and Todd Grisham: New blood, and very, very entertaining. Cole and King (and JR) are too repetetive.

LilThj

i think the DAMN moment goes to Cm punk winning the cage match against Jeff hardy

The extreme moment is probabley when Jeff did the Swanton off the ladder onto Punk.

LilThj

I think they will combine the DAMN and O MY GOD moment into the O my damn in honor of sheamus winning the wwe championship

TPIB

WWE.com has announced the categories and nominees for the 2009 Slammy Awards:

Superstar of the Year Nominees are The Undertaker, John Cena, Randy Orton, & CM Punk.

Diva of the Year Nominees are pretty much every Diva on the WWE Roster and they can be voted on exclusively on WWE.com.

Tag Team of the Year Nominees are Jeri-Show, DX, Legacy, & The Hart Dynasty

Breakout Star of the Year Nominees are Sheamus, Drew McIntyre, Yoshi Tatsu, & Abraham Washington

Match of the Year Nominees are The Undertaker Vs. Shawn Michaels from WrestleMania, Jeff Hardy Vs. Edge for the World Heavyweight Title in a Ladder Match at Extreme Rules, Randy Orton Vs. John Cena for the WWE Title in an Iron Man Match at Bragging Rights, & the Team RAW Vs. Team SmackDown Bragging Rights Tag Match at Bragging Rights.

RAW Guest Host of the Year Nominees are The Osbournes, Bob Barker, Seth Green, & Shaquille O'Neal

Extreme Moment of the Year Nominees are Kofi Kingston's Boom Drop to Randy Orton through a table, Jeff Hardy's Swanton Bomb off of a ladder onto CM Punk and through the announce table, Big Show chokeslams John Cena through a spotlight, & Triple H invades the home of Randy Orton.

Shocker of the Year Nominees are Batista turning on Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton DDT's Stephanie McMahon while Triple H is forced to watch, CM Punk forces Jeff Hardy to leave the WWE after winning a Steel Cage Match, & Sheamus slams Guest Host Mark Cuban through a table.

"Oh My" Moment of the Year Nominees are Chris Masters debuting his "pec dance" for The Osbournes, Shawn Michaels delivers Sweet Chin Music to a little girl, Michael Cole vomits on Chris Jericho at the SmackDown 10th Anniversary special, & Santino Marella hits Vickie Guerrero with a pie.

DC

Superstar of the Year: CM Punk (but should be Jericho).

Diva of the Year: Beth Phoenix

Tag Team of the Year: Jeri-Show

Breakout Star of the Year: Sheamus

Match of the Year: The Undertaker Vs. Shawn Michaels (I can't believe the Bragging Rights tag match made the cut).

RAW Guest Host of the Year: Shaquille O'Neal (only because Ventura isn't, for some unknown reason, among the nominations).

Extreme Moment of the Year: Big Show chokeslams John Cena through a spotlight.

Shocker of the Year: Randy Orton DDT's Stephanie McMahon while Triple H is forced to watch (although I feel the punt on Vince was more of a shocker).

"Oh My" Moment of the Year: Chris Masters debuting his "pec dance" for The Osbournes.